Estate Planning for California Residents is an “electronic booklet” intended to answer frequently asked questions about estate planning, but it provides general information only; consult with an estate planning attorney for specific legal advice.
View a chapter by selecting from the links below.
- What is Estate Planning
- Emotional Aspects of Estate Planning
- Who Will Care for Our Children?
- Probate – What is it?
- Avoiding Probate
- Revocable Living Trusts
- Federal Estate Taxes
- Reducing Estate Taxes
- Avoiding Estate Tax on Life Insurance
- Using Insurance to Pay Estate Tax
- Gift Tax Issues
- Generation Skipping Transfer Tax
- Tax-Deferred Accounts & Heirs Income Tax
- Advanced Estate Planning Issues
- Health Care Proxies and Living Wills
- Planning for Disability or Incapacity
- What your Family Should Know: A Checklist